Last night I dug through my bookshelves and pulled out the books I plan to read in August. Some are ARCs I got at Comic Con, some are books I bought or were gifted to me. I’m not sure if I’ll get to all of them, especially since Illuminae is a beast of a novel (but so, so pretty!). Plus I have a ton of e-books pre-ordered, and DRCs to read.
Among the e-book TBRs are:
- Level Hands, by Amy Jo Cousins
- Buchanan House, by Charley Descoteaux
- Bonds of Denial and the rest of the Wicked Play series, by Lynda Aicher
- Reckless Hope, by j. leigh bailey
- Charmed & Dangerous (anthology)
- A bunch of books from Carina Press (thank you post-RWA sale!)
I’m averaging about a book every two days lately, though, so hopefully I’ll make it through most of this stack!
Have you read any of these? Any recommendations on where to start? I’m participating in the Lunar Chronicles read-along beginning August 1, so that’s definitely at the top of my list, but I can’t decide where to go from there.
I notice that I tend to buy YA in physical copy, and adult stuff in e-copy. I think part of that is because the LGBTQIA lit books tend to be digitally published only, or very, very expensive in hard copy (because they’re smaller print runs).
Looking forward to seeing what other people are reading next month!